If you drive a Nissan, the included Nissan guarantee covers some sudden repairs and breakdowns, offered you convey your automobile to a licensed Nissan dealership. By understanding what is roofed by this guarantee, you may probably save hundreds in restore prices.
In this information, we’ll clarify the whole lot you have to find out about Nissan’s manufacturing facility guarantee and why you may contemplate prolonged automobile protection. Nissan has a couple of prolonged guarantee choices, however you can even prolong protection with third-party prolonged guarantee corporations.
Your Nissan guarantee doesn’t final without end. Learn about your choices for Nissan’s prolonged automotive guarantee from our beneficial suppliers under.
In this text:
Table of Contents
Nissan’s New Car Warranty Overview
Rather less than Nissan’s manufacturing facility guarantee most car warranties But nonetheless supplies good protection for restore or substitute as a result of faulty materials or workmanship. Labor and components utilizing real Nissan or Nissan-approved substitute components are additionally included.
Basic Coverage (bumper-to-bumper)
3 years/36,000 miles
|powertrain protection||5 years/60,000 miles|
According to Nissan’s 2022 Warranty Information Handbook, these warranties additionally cowl:
- 5-Year/Unlimited Miles Corrosion Coverage: Covers defects that end result from perforation (via corrosion) of a automobile’s physique sheet metallic panel.
- 10 Years/Unlimited Miles Seat Belt Warranty: All faulty components of your seat belt system are lined.
- Federal Vehicle Emissions Control Limited Warranty: Nissan covers sure federal emissions warranties – efficiency (2 years / 24,000 miles), defects (3 years / 36,000 miles), and long-term defects (8 years / 80,000 miles). These warranties cowl numerous components of the emissions system, such because the catalytic converter, gas injection system and ignition management module.
- California Vehicle Emissions Control Warranty: If your automobile is roofed by California’s emissions legal guidelines, emissions warranties are efficiency (3 years/50,000 miles), defect (3 years/50,000 miles), and long-term defect (7 years/70,000 miles). Coverage varies by mannequin, so you should definitely examine your particular guarantee for particulars.
A substitute battery for the brand new Nissan Limited Warranty can be included. Under this guarantee, a substitute battery is offered upon “proportion adjustment” for as much as 84 months after the date of buy or set up of the battery, whichever is earlier. For instance, when you’ve used the battery for twenty-four months, the restore is free, but when it has been in use for 72 months, you pay 75 % of the restore price. The excellent news is that the substitute battery can be lined for the rest of the brand new automobile’s Limited Warranty.
All new Nissan autos include roadside help for 3 years/36,000 miles resembling:
- lifeless battery
- mechanical breakdown
- flat tire
- emergency gas supply
- lock-out service
- One-way towing after an accident or collision
- rental automotive reimbursement
Towing help is offered barely longer than different options, and lasts as much as 5 years/60,000 miles.
You are additionally eligible for journey interruption providers, resembling meal or lodging reimbursement, if the mechanical fault happens greater than 100 miles out of your major residence.
What isn’t lined beneath Nissan’s guarantee?
While the Nissan warranties listed above appear complete, all warranties have some exclusions. Nissan doesn’t cowl:
- routine upkeep providers
- regular damaged toes
- Damage attributable to lack of correct upkeep, resembling an oil change, as described in your proprietor’s guide
- harm from environmental elements, resembling tree sap, UV harm, or hail
- Damage from alterations or modifications, resembling altering the odometer
Your Nissan guarantee may even not cowl tires. Instead, they’re protected by tire producers resembling Hankook, Michelin, Toyo and Yokohama.
Nissan’s new automotive warranties can often be transferred to subsequent Nissan homeowners at any time, however when you promote the automobile throughout the first six months, the manufacturing facility guarantee is void.
Why purchase Extended Protection on your Nissan?
As we have defined, your new Nissan is roofed for a number of years, however the guarantee does have an expiration date. One extended car warranty Can present peace of thoughts that you just will not have to pay out-of-pocket for costly or sudden repairs as soon as the manufacturing facility Nissan guarantee expires.
While Nissan autos are persistently ranked as a number of the most dependable, ninth out of 32 automotive manufacturers on RepairPal, no automotive is ideal. Here are some frequent Nissan issues and related restore prices in recent times:
- Some Nissan Altimas required substitute of the manifold costing from $1,685 to $2,255.
- Repairing Nissan 370Z gas evaporator canister issues prices drivers $447 to $676.
- A gas pump substitute was required after a untimely failure of the pump over 18 mannequin years of the Altimas, costing homeowners $606 to $1,339.
- In the 16 mannequin years of the Altimas the examine engine lights have been illuminated as a result of a catalytic converter failure, costing $2,127 to $2,169 in repairs.
- Nissan Rogue oil pan gasket substitute restore can price $164 to $187.
The information above exhibits that whereas Nissan’s common annual upkeep price is about $500, in line with RepairPal, that is simply an estimate and doesn’t account for sudden, high-cost points and repairs.
Extended warranties offset these prices and make expensive repairs or replacements extra manageable. They are additionally often transferable, which may also help improve the resale worth of your Nissan when you determine to promote it. Not all Nissan fashions are the identical, so you should definitely do further analysis about your explicit Nissan earlier than making a choice about an prolonged guarantee.
nissan prolonged guarantee
If you are shopping for a brand new Nissan, chances are high a gross sales rep will give you a nissan extended warranty The day you signal on your new automobile. Nissan presents a automobile service contract known as the Safety+Plus Extended Protection Plan. There are three ranges of protection: Gold most well-liked, Silver most well-liked and Powertrain most well-liked. These packages can final for 8 years or 120,000 miles.
On the optimistic facet, Nissan’s prolonged guarantee plans are transferable to future homeowners and obtainable for brand spanking new and pre-owned Nissan autos. All plans include 24/7 roadside help and 24-hour buyer help.
One draw back is that Nissan solely presents two deductible copay choices: $0 or $100. While the $0 deductible sounds tempting, your guarantee plan may price considerably extra consequently. Nissan pays for repairs instantly, so that you need not pay upfront and look ahead to reimbursement, however you will want to have your automotive serviced at a licensed Nissan dealership.
Keep in thoughts that automotive sellers usually embrace the price of your prolonged guarantee in your automotive’s fee plan, which suggests you may pay curiosity in your guarantee and your month-to-month fee can be greater.
Third-Party Extended Warranty Companies
After researching prime third-party prolonged guarantee suppliers, we discover that dealer-sold Nissan Extended Warranty lacks the pliability, worth, and added advantages that may be discovered when buying a automobile service contract from a third-party supplier.
We advocate you get at the least three quotes, as pricing will differ primarily based in your location, automobile, and so on. Then, you may make an knowledgeable resolution.
Learn about your choices for Nissan’s prolonged automotive guarantee from our beneficial suppliers under.
Both CARCHEX and STAMINA present these advantages:
- You have extra protection choices and contracts from which to decide on (the whole lot from fundamental powertrain guarantee protection to full bumper-to-bumper safety), so it is simple to search out the very best plan on your particular automobile.
- When you want a restore, you’ve got a alternative of over 30,000 ASE-certified restore services.
- Between month-to-month contracts, month-to-month or annual fee choices, and quite a lot of deductibles, you may make your prolonged protection work on your price range.
- You do not miss out on roadside help, because it’s included in most plans.
- Payment is made on to the restore facility. That manner, you will not need to pay for costly repairs and look ahead to reimbursement.
- Plans are transferable to subsequent homeowners.
In an effort to offer customers with correct and unbiased data, our knowledgeable evaluation crew aggregates information from dozens of prolonged auto guarantee corporations to create a rating of the very best suppliers. Companies obtain a rating in every of the next classes, in addition to an total weighted rating out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Sustainable: Warranty suppliers with a historical past of sturdy enterprise practices and knowledgeable assist have a tendency to attain the very best on this class.
- Coverage: This ranking relies on the sorts of prolonged guarantee plans obtainable, the phrases of protection, and extra advantages resembling roadside help.
- Cost: Our analysis crew evaluations pattern quotes for numerous plans and autos. Companies with decrease costs per yr of protection are likely to get the very best scores.
- Transparency: This rating takes under consideration the transparency of the contract and the provision of money-back assure.
- customer support: We sift via buyer evaluations and do our personal purchaser evaluation to get a way of the accountability and helpfulness of every guarantee firm.
Read our information to different guarantee suppliers: