Earnings season is in full swing on Wall Street and CNBC gym crme stated on Monday it will be smart for buyers to take a wait-and-see method for shares of corporations which are as a consequence of report quarterly numbers.
“In this atmosphere, it’s all the time going to be fragile on the upside and simpler on the draw back, as a result of the bears…have the higher hand. Just understand that you must by no means purchase this market when it’s up. It is a idiot. I need you to attend for weak spot like us [Monday] Before you ever pull the set off,” the “Mad Money” host said from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, the show’s new broadcast home.
“If you are enthusiastic about shopping for one thing that is about to report, why not wait till you hear what they must say?” Kramer continued. He pointed to IBM as a prime example.
As of Monday’s close, IBM was one of only seven stocks in the 30-stock Dow Jones Industrial Average, its year-high ever. Although, Shares were down nearly 4% in extended trading on Monday That’s after the company lowered its 2022 cash forecast, even though its second-quarter results are on the up and down lines.
“If you acquire it earlier than the quarter, you rolled cube in a on line casino that is not appropriate with blind dice-rolling,” Cramer said.
With that in mind, Cramer previewed several other major earnings reports that are scheduled for the rest of this week. All earnings and revenue projections are provided by FactSet.
Table of Contents
- Q2 Earnings Release 6:45AM ET; Conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.54
- Estimated sales: $23.77 billion
Cramer, whose charitable trust owns shares of J&J, said he expects to see good numbers from the pharmaceutical giant while the company works into two separate entities, He said this year’s stock of J&J has lagged behind its competitors, including Bristol-Myers Squibbo And Merck,
- Q2 earnings release before the bell; Conference call at 9 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: 45 cents
- Estimated Revenue: $4.7 billion
“Halliburton’s earnings are rising, but its inventory is crushed. … I feel it is time to reevaluate this one, and acknowledge that earnings should not for Halliburton tomorrow, however what’s to come back.” could be very large for years,” Cramer stated.
- Q2 earnings launch earlier than the open; Conference name at 11 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.88
- Estimated gross sales: $15.98 billion
- Q2 earnings proceed after the tip; Conference name at 6 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.95
- Estimated income: $8.03 billion
Cramer stated he expects to listen to extra “thoughtful” earnings calls from administration after print this quarter than the streaming big’s poor first-quarter report. Specifically, Cramer stated buyers need extra details about Netflix’s latest deal. Microsoftwhich is a part of the event of netflix Ad supported subscription level,
- Q2 earnings launch earlier than the open; Conference name at 9 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.12
- Estimated gross sales: $10.29 billion
- Q2 earnings after the bell; Conference name at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.81
- Estimated Revenue: $16.52 billion
Cramer stated he believes Tesla’s earnings report this week is crucial. “Projections are everywhere. There are a huge number of sell ratings and many buys. [CEO Elon] Musk is still spreading like crazy. … Still, if Tesla can exceed even the lowest estimates, the stock becomes too high.”
Thursday: AT&T, Freeport-McMoRan, Dow Inc., Union Pacific, DR Horton’s, Snap, Mattel and Boston Beer
- Q2 earnings launch earlier than the bell; 8:30 a.m. convention name ET
- Estimated EPS: 61 cents
- Estimated Revenue: $29.53 billion
- Q2 earnings launch earlier than the open; Conference name at 10 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: 64 cents
- Estimated gross sales: $6.14 billion
- Q2 earnings launch at 6 a.m. ET; Conference name at 8 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.14
- Estimated gross sales: $15.55 billion
Cramer stated the chemical agency Dow Inc., together with copper miner Freeport-McMoran, ought to present perception into the trajectory of financial progress.
- Q2 earnings launch at 7:45 AM ET; Conference name at 8:45 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.85
- Estimated Revenue: $6.13 billion
Cramer stated he was involved rail operator Union Pacific might warn of a slowdown in its enterprise.
- Q3 earnings launch at 6:30 AM ET; 8:30 a.m. convention name ET
- Estimated EPS: $4.49
- Estimated gross sales: $8.81 billion
Like Union Pacific, Cramer stated he’s involved that homebuilder DR Horton could warn of a slowdown in cancellations. “Domestic Deals Aren’t Closing; Home Confidence” [is] Big down. Rising mortgage charges do that,” he said.
- Q2 earnings after the bell; Conference call at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: Loss of 20 cents
- Estimated revenue: $1.14 billion
- Q2 earnings continue after the end; Conference call at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: 6 cents
- Estimated sales: $1.1 billion
- Q2 earnings release after the bell; Conference call at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $4.61
- Estimated Revenue: $612 million
The parents of Sam Adams and Trulli have struggled lately due to a slowdown in hard seltzer sales, and Cramer said he’s expecting more with this print. He said that he prefers the shares of Corona Parent constellation brandOwned by his charitable trust, Boston Beer.
- Q2 earnings release at 7 a.m. ET; Conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.42
- Estimated sales: $12.51 billion
Cramer said he expects spending from small businesses and consumers to help American Express report solid results.
- Q2 Earnings Release 7:30AM ET; Conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.22
- Estimated Revenue: $33.73 billion
- Q2 Earnings Release 7 AM ET; Conference Call 9:30AM ET
- Estimated EPS: 40 cents
- Estimated sales: $6.28 billion
Cramer said he expects good numbers from oilfield service provider Schlumberger, as he does with Halliburton.
- Q2 earnings release at 8 a.m. ET; No conference call scheduled
- Estimated EPS: 15 cents
- Estimated Revenue: $1.33 billion
Twitter is not holding a conference call to discuss its second-quarter numbers, citing its “pending acquisition” by an entity affiliated with Elon Musk. The two sides are currently going back and forth legally related to the deal.
Disclosure: Cramer Charitable Trust owns shares in HAL, JNJ, MSFT and STZ.
Sign up now To CNBC Investment Club for following Jim Cramer’s each transfer available in the market.