CNBC gym crme Friday previewed subsequent week’s earnings slate and different essential market occasions, together with Federal Reserve Chief Jerome Powell’s testimony to Congress.
Looking on the calendar, “mad Money” Host stated he believes Wall Street’s main focus will shift from Ukraine to the economic system, significantly value strain.
“Fortunately, even after today’s run, the average remains somewhat oversold, but unfortunately inflation is still skyrocketing,” Cramer stated.
All earnings and income estimates courtesy of FactSet.
Jim Cramer’s sport plan for the February 28 enterprise week
Mad Money with Jim Cramer
Table of Contents
- This autumn 2022 earnings launched after the tip; Conference Call at 4:30 p.m. ET Monday
- Estimated EPS: 71 cents
- Estimated Revenue: $1.36 billion
Cramer stated Workday’s “problem” is that its inventory is dear primarily based on earnings, so it may take a success even when its quarter is strong.
- Q1 2022 earnings launched after the bell; Conference Call Monday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.02
- Estimated gross sales: $16.52 billion
Cramer stated traders have to be cautious of HP forward of print due to its rival within the PC trade, Dell TechnologiesReported Thursday night time and was damage by provide chain points.
- This autumn 2022 earnings after closing; Conference Call Monday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.11
- Estimated Revenue: $1.25 billion
“You have to be concerned about their business and whether it continues as a pandemic,” Cramer stated.
- This autumn 2021 earnings earlier than the bell; Conference Call Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.85
- Estimated Revenue: $31.34 billion
While Target shares rose 4% on Friday, Cramer stated it is exhausting to know what sort of retail story the corporate will inform when it experiences. It’s not clear whether or not it should say enterprise is doing very properly, or if it should communicate extensively in regards to the challenges of the provision chain and inflation, Cramer stated.
- Earnings earlier than This autumn 2021 Open; Conference Call Tuesday at 9 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.11
- Estimated gross sales: $6.59 billion
Predicting Kohl’s quarter is tougher than it was at Target, Cramer stated, noting the division retailer chain acquisition talks target,
- This autumn 2021 earnings earlier than the bell; Conference Call Tuesday at 10 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $4.28
- Estimated gross sales: $1.38 billion
Domino’s shares have been hit exhausting in latest weeks, Cramer stated, just because its efficiency is seen as constant, not spectacular. “If Domino’s doesn’t give away the numbers this time around, I think investors will decide it was just a covid winner, not a post-covid winner, even if it’s several years longer. I disagree. I doesn’t make the rules, though,” he stated.
- This autumn 2022 earnings after closing; Conference Call Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: 75 cents
- Estimated gross sales: $7.25 billion
Cramer stated he thinks the “relentless, ruthless selling pressure” on Salesforce’s inventory has lastly ended Thursday. “I think the dumping is overrated. I’m sure that makes up the number,” stated Cramer, whose charitable belief owns the enterprise software program big.
- This autumn 2021 earnings earlier than the bell; Conference name Wednesday at 9 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $1.78
- Estimated Revenue: $7.12 billion
Cramer stated he is undecided why Dollar Tree is commonly focused by lively traders. Rather, he stated he thinks the inventory is “a winner,” particularly as a result of the tip of pandemic assist packages means some customers want to buy at extra discount-oriented retailers.
- Full committee assembly at 10 a.m. ET Wednesday for a listening to on “Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy”
Cramer stated he would not anticipate Powell to make any main coverage bulletins in the course of the listening to. Top US central bankers can even deal with the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday.
- This autumn 2022 earnings after closing; Conference name Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated loss: Loss of 9 cents per share
- Estimated Revenue: $489 million
Okta is among the most precious shares available in the market, Cramer stated, however he defined he is undecided what to anticipate from the quarter, as there was some latest buying and selling in administration roles.
- This autumn 2022 earnings after the bell; Conference name Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: 4 cents
- Estimated Revenue: $591 million
Cramer stated Snowflake is the high-multiple inventory that persons are dedicated to because the market strikes away from growth-oriented know-how. Cramer lauded Frank Slotman, the CEO of the data-analytics software program agency, calling him “the new king of the cloud.”
- Earnings earlier than This autumn 2021 Open; Thursday 10 a.m. convention name
- Estimated EPS: 73 cents
- Estimated gross sales: $32.64 billion
Cramer stated the grocery big will provide the newest on inflation and a window into how U.S. customers are reacting. He stated he is considering that Kroger’s margins could also be a bit of decrease as a result of their want to “keep customers happy” may imply the corporate eats away at a few of the prices they’re experiencing.
- This autumn 2022 earnings earlier than the bell; Conference name Thursday at 8 a.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.77
- Estimated gross sales: $16.72 billion
Cramer stated he thinks Best Buy’s quarter could possibly be higher than its final report. However, he added that he believes there are “better stocks” as folks spend much less time at dwelling than at peak Covid and subsequently now not wish to improve their TVs to the newest fashions.
- Q2 2022 earnings after closing; Conference name Thursday at 5 p.m. ET
- Estimated EPS: $2.75
- Estimated Revenue: $51.36 billion
One of his longtime most popular shares and part of his belief portfolio, Cramer stated he’s watching carefully whether or not Costco raises the worth of its membership and/or points a particular dividend.
“If we don’t find one or both, I feel like my love may go unrequited momentarily. No matter what the occasion, [what],” he said. “If it goes down, buy it.”
February non-farm payroll
- Labor Department releases latest jobs report at 8:30 a.m. ET Friday
Cramer said he’d like to see the speed at which average wages are rising. “If it is crimson scorching, Jay Powell would look quite a bit duller if he hadn’t taken a troublesome line earlier within the week, when he had the possibility,” Kramer stated.